Clear Bag Policy
Every restroom in Bobby Dodd Stadium contains baby changing stations.
If you need to check a bag, there are 3 locations provided around the Stadium (Near Gate 1, Gate 4 and Gate 8). There will be a $10 charge to check bags and all proceeds after costs are donated to Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta.
A free bike valet service is available at the top of Peters Deck.
Atlanta United encourages the responsible sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages. Guests should be prepared to show proper identification and proof of age when purchasing alcohol at Bobby Dodd Stadium. All alcohol sales will stop in the 65th minute of the match.
The main box office is located at the Edge Building in the Callaway Plaza.
Atlanta United will offer a broad range of food and beverage options at Bobby Dodd Stadium. The map below has information on the different vendors and locations.
SCARVES UP. FLAGS OUT. KITS ON. Official Atlanta United merchandise will be available for sale both before and during the games.
Our retail partner Fanatics will have multiple locations in and around Bobby Dodd Stadium. A massive trailer with a wide range of gear will be located at the corner of Techwood Drive and Bobby Dodd Way. Additional retail locations will be located throughout the concourses inside the Stadium.
In order to expedite your entry process, and help you conveniently find your seat on Matchday, we highly recommend all fans enter through the exterior gate that appears on your Matchday Card or ticket. See below for further assistance locating the appropriate entry gate closest to your seat location.
PLEASE make sure you enter in the appropriate area of the stadium (East, West, North or South) as it is not always possible to get from one area to another.
Gates open 90 minutes prior to kickoff.
Matchday Cards and Tickets – Upon entry to the Stadium, you must present your card/ticket for scanning.
Mobile Tickets – If you are using our mobile ticket option, we recommend that you save/render the ticket on your mobile device prior to coming to the Stadium. As you approach your gate, please have your mobile device out with the ticket available for scanning. This will minimize any issues with cellular service and expedite your entry.
In order to provide a safer environment for the public and significantly expedite fan entry into the stadium, Atlanta United is implementing the Clear Bag Policy for all home matches in 2017. This policy limits the size and type of bags that may be brought into the stadium.
We strongly encourage all fans to NOT bring any type of bag(s). Fans will be able to carry the following style and size bag, package, or container into the stadium as outlined below:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12”. One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap can be taken into the stadium with one of the clear plastic bag options.
An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at a gate designated for this purpose.
If you transfer your tickets to someone else, please tell the recipient about the clear bag policy.
Major League Soccer is committed to creating a safe, comfortable and enjoyable soccer experience for all guests in and around our stadiums.
MLS fans have a right to expect an environment where:
- Fans are encouraged to cheer, sing, and otherwise support their team while remaining respectful and courteous to their fellow patrons, referees, opposing team fans and players.
- Fans enjoy the soccer experience free from fighting, thrown objects*, attempts to enter the playing field, political or inciting messages, and disorderly behavior, including foul, sexist, racial, obscene or abusive language or gestures.
- Fans comply with requests from stadium staff regarding stadium policies and emergency response procedures.
- Fans promptly and carefully return the ball to a stadium staff member or the ball kid on the sidelines in the event that a soccer ball enters the stands. Alcoholic beverages are consumed in a responsible manner and only by those of legal age.
- Fans conduct themselves in a lawful manner to avoid incidents in the stadium and in the parking lots.
* THROWN OBJECTS: The use of streamers and confetti as an expression of fan enthusiasm is not prohibited, but will be kept under review. Streamers are not to be used to impact the competition and/or thrown at or toward a player, referee or stadium staff member.
Failure to abide by this code of conduct is subject to sanctions, including ejection, banishment and arrest.
MLS and its Clubs thank you for adhering to the provisions of this Code of Conduct and for making this event special and memorable to you and your fellow patrons.
For the safety and security of our guests, the following items are NOT permitted into the Stadium. To make your experience more enjoyable, please review the list and leave these items at home.
- Clear bag larger than 12” x 6” x 12” (See Clear Bag Policy)
- Any outside food or beverages
- Banners, Posters and Flags larger than 4’ x 3’
- Weapons, flares or fireworks of any kind
- Whistles, air horns, or noisemakers of any kind
- Strollers (free storage provided at bag check tents)
- Stadium Seat w/ Arms
- Laser Pointers
- Inflatable Balls
- Aerosol Cans or pressurized containers
- Professional cameras and equipment including lenses in excess of 4 inches
- Tripods, monopods and selfie sticks
- Hard-sided coolers or containers of any size
- Rollerblades, skateboards, or hover boards of any kind
- Poles and staffs of any kind (metal, plastic, or wooden) unless pre-approved by Event Management
- Projectiles (Frisbee, Streamers, Confetti or any other items that can be used as a projectile)
- Illegal substances, drugs, or chemicals of any kind
- Animals (except Service Animals)
- Instruments of any kind unless pre-approved by Event Management
- Any other items deemed dangerous or inappropriate by Event Management
Please observe the following tailgating guidelines for Atlanta United match day at Bobby Dodd Stadium:
- Marked parking spaces are for vehicles only. Parking spaces may not be used for tents, grills, chairs or other items. Each vehicle must have a valid parking permit.
- Permits must be displayed face up on the dashboard at all times.
- Tailgating is defined as the placement of any item on the ground (chairs, coolers, grills, games, etc.).
- Tailgating is not permitted inside, or on the roof, of any parking garages on Institute property. Additionally, for safety, barbecue pits are not permitted in these areas. This includes, but is not limited to Burge Deck, Peters Deck, Klaus Deck and the Student Center Deck.
- Tailgating must be confined to the area directly behind the vehicle or in adjacent landscape areas.
- Tailgaters must maintain a 14' drive aisle between rows of vehicles at all times.
- Any grass areas beyond the designated tailgating spaces are considered common ground.
- Individuals are responsible for compliance with all local and state laws governing alcohol consumption.
- No overnight occupancy is allowed in tailgating areas, unless in W21 RV2 lots. Tailgating sites open 4 hours out from kickoff on game day.
- Driving or parking private vehicles on any and all green spaces and sidewalks is strictly prohibited.
- Use of motorized recreational vehicles, including four-wheelers, golf carts, mules, gators, scooters, motorized skateboards, etc., is prohibited.
- Tents or canopies must be secured and may not utilize stakes. They may not obstruct sidewalks, drive lanes or pedestrian walkways. Tailgating amenities including furniture, grills, generators, cables or satellite dishes may not obstruct sidewalks, drive lanes or pedestrian walkways.
- All BBQ grills must be attended at all times. Fires built on the ground and open fire pit devices are prohibited. Propane tanks cannot exceed a cylinder size of 20 pounds.
- Where generators are allowed, all generators must be equipped with a noise reducing device (manufacturer-approved cover or muffler).
- No unauthorized use of GT resources (power and cable hookups). Fans who want to watch television or use other entertainment devices that require electricity are allowed to do so as long as they provide their own power/video source.
- Pets are not allowed to run at large in tailgating sites or on campus and must be leashed at all times according to local leash laws. Furthermore, animals must not be left unattended or secured to Institute property. Clean up after your pet.
- Dispose of all trash in trash receptacles located in tailgating areas. The disposal of grease, hot coals or hazardous materials onto the grounds or into storm drains is prohibited. Any person damaging Institute property will be responsible for the cost of repairs; including damages to grass from cooking grease and sprinkler damage.
- Georgia Tech, GTAA, Georgia Tech Police Department and Parking & Transportation Services Department reserve the right to refuse service to anyone at any time -- inappropriate behavior will result in the permanent loss of all parking and tailgating privileges.
- Georgia Tech is not responsible or liable for accidents, damage, loss or theft of materials/items/personal property.
- There are portable toilets around the campus on gamedays for fans to use while tailgating. In addition, permanent restrooms are available at multiple buildings on campus - including the Student Center & Edge Building.
- All guests must follow the directions and instructions provided by stadium personnel (parking staff, security, police, etc.). Failure to do so may result in ejection from the parking lot.
The following tailgating items/activities are prohibited:
- Deep fryers or any oil-based cooking or frying
- Open flame fires of any kind. Charcoal or gas cooking is permitted.
- Disorderly conduct
- Picketing, political campaigning or soliciting/distribution of any kind
- Saving parking or tailgating spaces
- Weapons and fireworks
- Sale of food, beverage, merchandise, etc.
- Amplified sound systems or the use of radios/audio devices at loud levels is at the discretion of gameday staff.
- Inappropriate or vulgar music and language.
Tailgating parties that do not follow these rules/regulations may result in termination of parking privileges for the current game, the remainder of the season and possible revocation of season tickets (see code of conduct).
In case of emergency, call 404-894-2500 or 911.
To report problems, please call Georgia Tech Fan Assist at 678-429-1413.