Atlanta United returns to action Thursday morning against FC Cincinnati at Orlando’s ESPN Wide World of Sports complex in the club’s second match of Group E play in the MLS is Back Tournament. The match will be nationally televised on ESPN/Deportes at 9 a.m. ET and transmitted on Sports Radio 92.9 The Game.
For all statistics and media information, please visit our Media Resources page and Game Notes. Media assets from the MLS is Back Tournament can be found here once media members create an account on Imagen.
- Atlanta defeated FC Cincinnati 2-1 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in the last meeting between the clubs on March 7 with goals from Emerson Hyndman and Ezequiel Barco. Yuya Kubo scored for FC Cincinnati.
- Atlanta holds an all-time record of 2-0-1 against FC Cincinnati and has outscored the club 5-2.
- Frank de Boer will coach against his former Dutch National Team teammate Jaap Stam, who will manage his second game for FC Cincinnati.
- Pity Martínez created a team-high four chances in Atlanta’s opening match against New York Red Bulls. The Argentine leads Atlanta and ranks ninth in MLS with seven chances created this season.
- Atlanta ranks third in MLS this season in possession (60.49 percent), trailing San Jose Earthquakes (62.46) and Los Angeles FC (61.52)
- Atlanta will play its final match in Group E against Columbus Crew SC on Tuesday, July 21 (8 p.m. EST, TUDN).
Thursday, July 16 | ESPN Wide World of Sports, Orlando, FL|9 a.m. (ET)
Atlanta United (2-1-0, 6 points) vs. FC Cincinnati (0-3-0, 0 points)
TV | ESPN/Deportes
English Radio | 92.9 The Game