ATLANTA – Atlanta United returns to action Wednesday when it hosts Inter Miami CF at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. The match, presented by Georgia Power, is set to kick-off at 7 p.m. ET and will be regionally broadcast on Bally Sports Southeast.
- Atlanta owns an all-time record of 0-2-3 against Inter Miami CF: 0-1-1 at home and 0-1-2 on the road in the series. This will be the second of three meetings between the teams during the regular season after a 1-1 draw at Miami on May 9. Atlanta will host the third meeting at Mercedes-Benz Stadium on Oct. 27.
- Atlanta snapped its three-game winning streak with a 1-0 loss at Philadelphia on Saturday and sits in eighth place in the Eastern Conference standings on 36 points, one point below the playoff line. Brad Guzan recorded eight saves in the match, which ranks second all-time in club history in an MLS match.
- Josef Martínez leads Atlanta with nine goals this season, bringing his career total with Atlanta to 99 goals in all competitions.
- Miles Robinson leads MLS in duel success rate at 69.11 (min. 100 duels).
- Miami is coming off a 5-1 home loss to Nashville SC on Sept. 22 and currently sits in 10th place in the Eastern Conference standings on 32 points.
Wednesday, Sept. 29 | Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, GA | 7 p.m. (ET)
Atlanta United (9-8-9, 36 points) vs. Inter Miami CF (9-11-5, 32 points)
ABOUT ATLANTA UNITED
Atlanta United joined Major League Soccer in 2017 and won the 2018 MLS Cup in just its second season, the earliest an expansion team has won the title since 1998. The club has set multiple league records including season tickets sales (36,000-plus), single-game attendance (72,548), single-season average (53,002) and total home attendance (901,033). Owned by Arthur M. Blank, and led by club President Darren Eales, Atlanta United plays its home matches at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. For more information about Atlanta United, including how to purchase season tickets, visit:www.atlutd.com, and follow @ATLUTD.