Atlanta United Starting XI:
Rocco Ríos Novo; Aiden McFadden, Alan Franco, George Campbell, Caleb Wiley (Machop Chol – 74’); Amar Sejdic (Ronaldo Cisneros – 67’), Matheus Rossetto; Luiz Araújo, Thiago Almada (Dom Dwyer – 84’), Marcelino Moreno; Josef Martínez (C)
Atlanta United substitutes not used:
Bobby Shuttleworth, Mikey Ambrose, Alex De John, Santiago Sosa
New York City FC Starting XI:
Sean Johnson (C); Anton Tinnerholm (Tayvon Gray – 67’), Maxime Chanot, Alexander Callens, Malte Amundsen; Alfredo Morales, Nicolas Acevedo (Justin Haak – 86’); Santiago Rodriguez, Maxi Moralez, Talles Magno (Gabriel Pereira – 59’); Taty Castellano.
New York City FC substitutes not used:
Luis Barraza, Chris Closter, Thiago, Hever, Luiz Barraza, Andres Jasson, Gedion Zelalem
Aiden McFadden (16’), Maxime Chanot (18'), Santiago Rodriguez (24'), Luiz Araújo (47'), Talles Magno (52'), Alfredo Morales (71')
- This marks the first time this season that all three designated players (Josef Martínez, Luiz Araújo, Thiago Almada) have been in the starting lineup.
- Thiago Almada makes his first start since May 28 after serving a red card suspension.
- Aiden McFadden makes his third consecutive start since being called up from Atlanta United 2.
- Matheus Rossetto will be playing his 50th MLS regular season match.
- Franco Ibarra picked up his fifth yellow card Thursday against the Red Bulls and is suspended for the match.
- Ozzie Alonso is out due to a torn ACL.
- Brad Guzan is out due to a ruptured Achilles.
- Miles Robinson is out due to a ruptured Achilles.
- Andrew Gutman is out due to a quadriceps tendon injury.
- Ronald Hernández is out due to an MCL injury.
- Tyler Wolff was called up to the U-20 men's national team.
- Brooks Lennon is out due to an MCL sprain.