The 2023 MLS SuperDraft presented by adidas will be held on Wednesday, Dec. 21. Coverage starts at 4:30 p.m. ET.
Atlanta United has two picks in this year’s SuperDraft, one in each of the first two rounds. The overall picks for Atlanta are Nos. 7 and 36. Atlanta traded their third round pick at No. 65 overall to Nashville SC back in June for $175,000 in General Allocation Money.
Here are some other quick facts and how to watch Wednesday's SuperDraft:
The SuperDraft will be held on December 21 and will air across several MLS platforms.
- Pre-Draft show: 4:30 p.m. ET
- SuperDraft: 5 p.m. ET
- Watch Round 1 on: MLSsoccer.com, MLS App, Facebook, Twitter, Twitch and YouTube
- Follow Rounds 2 and 3 using the Draft Tracker
The SuperDraft has three rounds, with each team allowed one pick per round – 88 total this year (one compensatory selection).
Expansion club St. Louis CITY SC will have the overall No. 1 pick, followed by clubs that didn’t qualify for the Audi 2022 MLS Cup Playoffs. The fewest regular-season points among teams that were eliminated in the same round of the MLS Cup Playoffs determines the remaining order.
Over 360 players are available for selection to all 29 MLS clubs. 11 players are signed to GA deals ahead of the 2023 MLS SuperDraft.
Atlanta United's 2023 Picks:
- Round 1: Pick No. 7
- Round 2: Pick No. 7 (36 overall)
Current Atlanta United players selected in the MLS SuperDraft:
- Miles Robinson (Syracuse) - The defender was the second overall pick in 2017.
- Aiden McFadden (Notre Dame) - The defender was selected in the 2021 MLS SuperDraft.
Atlanta United's selections in the most recent SuperDraft:
In the 2022 MLS SuperDraft presented by adidas, Atlanta United made four selections:
- Erik "Danny" Centeno (University of the Pacific)
- Tristan Trager (Air Force)
- Daniel Bloyou (Penn State)
- Tola Showunmi (University of New Hampshire)