Atlanta United hosts LD Alajuelense on Tuesday night at Fifth Third Bank Stadium in the Second Leg of the Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League Round of 16. The match is set to kick-off at 6 p.m. ET and will be nationally broadcast on FS1 and TUDN in the United States.
- Atlanta defeated Alajuelense 1-0 in Leg One on April 6 at Estadio Alejandro Morera Soto in Costa Rica to claim the club’s first away win in SCCL. Ezequiel Barco converted a penalty kick in the 50th minute for his first SCCL goal in nine appearances.
- Goalkeeper Brad Guzan was sent off for a red card challenge in the 43rd minute. Rocco Rios Novo came on to make his Atlanta debut and the 18-year-old finished with a club SCCL single-game record of six saves.
- Atlanta handed Alajuelense its first defeat since November 2020, a run of 25 matches.
- Atlanta and Deportivo Saprissa are the only two teams in this year’s CCL to have participated in the last three editions of the tournament. Atlanta’s three consecutive appearances is tied for the third-longest run for MLS clubs since 2008-09, trailing Toronto FC and LA Galaxy (four).
- Atlanta owns an all-time record of 5-3-1 in SCCL play and has advanced to the quarterfinal stage in each of the past two seasons. The club is 4-0-0 at home or neutral venues and 1-3-1 away from home.
- Atlanta’s roster features 23 players with experience in international club competitions, including 22 players with SCCL experience.
- Alajuelense sits atop the standings of Costa Rica’s First Division with 37 points through 17 matches. Alajuelense is 10-0-7 in the Clausura and leads the league in goals for (35), goals against (10) and goal difference (25).
- Alajuelense qualified for the 2021 SCCL by winning the 2020 Concacaf League title and has previously won the competition in 1986 and 2004 (then known as the Champions Cup).
Tuesday, April 13 | Fifth Third Bank Stadium, Kennesaw, GA | 6 p.m. (ET)
Atlanta United vs. LD Alajuelense
TV | FS1, TUDN in U.S.