Atlanta United is committed to the development of homegrown players. The first step on that pathway is our Regional Development School (RDS). A pre-academy feeder system, the Regional Development School, is a tryout-based program focused on creating high level training environments to push and challenge advanced level players.
What is RDS?
- Who: RDS is a tryout based program for advanced level players, open to both boys and girls, ages 8 to 14.
- What: RDS a supplemental to a players’ current training environment (additional training). Players remain carded with their home teams/clubs. With RDS, the player has the opportunity to take ownership of their development and work on technical areas of the game with Atlanta United’s professional coaches. The curriculum is designed around the development of competitive and advanced level soccer players.
- When: Weekly 90-minute training. (All players must try out each season)
- Where: Around the state of Georgia (All players must try out each season))
- Cost: Tryouts are free. Participants who are successful in making the program will be billed upon acceptance.
For more information or frequently asked questions, check out the FAQ here.