Atlanta United joined Major League Soccer in 2017 and won the 2018 MLS Cup in just its second season, the earliest an expansion team has won the title since 1998. The club has set multiple league records including season tickets sales (36,000-plus), single-game attendance (72,548), single-season average (53,002) and total home attendance (901,033). Owned by Arthur M. Blank, and led by club President Darren Eales, Atlanta United plays its home matches at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
"United” – Evolution of Our Name
The time is now, a new era has dawned. Atlanta has welcomed the beautiful game.
Atlanta was born as a railroad town and today is a global hub for travel and commerce. It is in our DNA to connect and unite.
Atlanta United joined Major League Soccer in 2017, breaking multiple league records on the way to the playoffs in its inaugural season. The club set the MLS record for season ticket sales as well as records for single-game, single-season average, and total home attendance.
Owned by one of the city’s most influential businessmen and philanthropists, Arthur M. Blank, and led by club President Darren Eales, Atlanta United plays its home matches at state-of-the-art Mercedes-Benz Stadium located in downtown Atlanta.
Atlanta is a modern, international city that embraces all its citizens, creating an inclusive fan base that is progressive and passionate. A fan base that becomes one voice. We all gather together and stand united.
We are a football club because we are more than just the team: we are the fans, we are the community, we are Atlanta, taken from the voices of the citizens.
This is our City. This is our Club.
We are Atlanta United FC.
The Atlanta United FC logo was constructed utilizing elements of Atlanta's rich history and culture, underscoring the city's progressive and passionate voice.
- Circle: Inspired by the city's seal and the city's Olympic heritage. It is a symbol of unity and globalization. It represents the never-ending passion for this city and for this club.
- The A: The bold "A" at the center of the logo puts the focus on the enduring strength of Atlanta. The "A" is anchored to the circle symbolizing its connection to the community.
- United: Atlanta is a modern, international city that embraces all its citizens. We have an inclusive fan base that is progressive and passionate. A fan base that is becoming one voice. We all gather together and stand United.
- Stripes: The 5 stripes represent the pillars of our character. Unity. Excellence, Determination, Community, and Innovation. The black stripes are also a nod to Atlanta's history as a railroad town.
- FC: We are called a Football Club because we are more than just a team. We are the fans, we are the community, we are Atlanta. Taken from the voices of the citizens. This is your city, this is your club. We are Atlanta United FC.
- Colors: Black is a symbol of strength and power. Victory red represents pride and passion. Gold epitomizes our commitment to excellence.