Located on Franklin Gateway in Marietta, GA., The Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Training Ground is a 33-acre site featuring a 30,000 square- foot headquarter building and six full-size fields including three natural grass and three FieldTurf surfaces.
Additional highlights of the training ground include:
- First team locker room with 22-foot ceilings and 14 elevated windows
- Six Academy Locker Rooms
- Full service kitchen and dining room with balcony access
- Show pitch featuring a 2,500-seat stand and separate Pavilion for viewing
- Sport science facilities including double height gym and two hydrotherapy plunge pools
- Entrance artwork created by renowned South African artist Marco Cianfanelli
The Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Training Ground will hold open training sessions and tournaments, as well as host visiting national and international clubs. Designed by Atlanta-based architecture firm tvsdesign, it will be home to the club’s youth academy, first team players and club staff.
The design of the site and club headquarters allows for future growth and will foster an aspirational environment, giving the academy players the opportunity to observe and interact with the first team.
Construction began on the facility in February of 2016. In March, 2017, Atlanta United announced Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta as the club’s official pediatric healthcare system and the naming partner of the new training ground.