ATLANTA – Atlanta United returns to action Sunday when it hosts Los Angeles FC at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. The match, presented by Truist, is set to kick-off at 4 p.m. ET and will be nationally broadcast on ESPN/ESPN Deportes.
- Atlanta owns an all-time record of 1-1-0 against LAFC: 1-0-0 at home and 0-1-0 on the road in the series. This will be Atlanta’s second and final matchup against a Western Conference opponent in the regular season after drawing 1-1 at Seattle Sounders FC on May 23. Atlanta won the only meeting at Mercedes-Benz Stadium 5-0 in 2018 while LAFC won 4-3 at Banc of California Stadium in 2019.
- Marcelino Moreno scored for the third consecutive match in Atlanta’s win against Columbus Crew on July 24 while Ezequiel Barco tallied a brace, his second in MLS play. Moreno leads Atlanta with six goals and has created 22 chances since July 17, the most in MLS during that stretch.
- Atlanta leads MLS in both possession (58.15 %) and dribble success rate (59.38 %) entering the weekend.
- LAFC is coming off a 2-1 away loss to San Jose on August 8. LAFC is 2-5-1 on the road in in 2021 and searching for its first away win since July 7 at Austin FC.
- Atlanta will play six of its next seven matches at home, traveling to face D.C. United on August 21.
Sunday, Aug. 15 | Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, GA | 4 p.m. (ET)
Atlanta United (3-6-9, 18 points) vs. Los Angeles (6-7-5, 23 points)
For those attending the match, masks are strongly recommended for all individuals and will be required in the official team store. Click here for more information on our health and safety protocols.
TV | ESPN/ESPN Deportes
English Radio | 92.9 The Game
Spanish Radio | La Mejor
ABOUT ATLANTA UNITED
Atlanta United joined Major League Soccer in 2017 and won the 2018 MLS Cup in just its second season, the earliest an expansion team has won the title since 1998. The club has set multiple league records including season tickets sales (36,000-plus), single-game attendance (72,548), single-season average (53,002) and total home attendance (901,033). Owned by Arthur M. Blank, and led by club President Darren Eales, Atlanta United plays its home matches at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. For more information about Atlanta United, including how to purchase season tickets, visit:www.atlutd.com, and follow @ATLUTD.