Atlanta United returns to action Saturday night against New York Red Bulls at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. The match will be televised on FOX Sports South at 6:00 p.m. ET and transmitted on Sports Radio 92.9 The Game and La Mejor.
- Atlanta holds an all-time record of 1-6-2 against New York Red Bulls, including two playoff matches during its 2018 MLS Cup run. This will be the second meeting between the teams in 2020, with Red Bulls winning the first match 1-0 at the MLS is Back Tournament.
- Atlanta sits in ninth place in the Eastern Conference standings entering Saturday’s match, two points behind Red Bulls who are currently in seventh.
- Atlanta picked up its third clean sheet in four matches and its fifth of the season with a 0-0 draw against Orlando City SC. It was the first time this season that the team recorded back-to-back shutouts and the 12th time in MLS regular season play. The club has recorded the most clean sheets in MLS since 2017 with 39. Red Bulls are second with 37.
- Designated Player Marcelino Moreno, signed on Sept. 22 from Lanús, will be available for selection and could make his Atlanta United debut.
- New York is coming off a 2-1 loss to Inter Miami CF on Saturday. The team is 3-3-0 under interim head coach Bradley Carnell and this week announced the hiring of Gerhard Struber as the club’s next head coach.
Saturday, Oct. 10 | Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, GA | 6:00 p.m. (ET)
Atlanta United (5-8-3, 18 points) vs. New York Red Bulls (6-8-2, 20 points)
TV | FOX Sports South
English Radio | 92.9 The Game
Spanish Radio | La Mejor