Atlanta United’s Unite and Conquer Cancer campaign’s mission is to give a voice to children and young adults that are fighting or have survived their battle with cancer. In addition, this campaign will provide a platform to recognize the great work Atlanta’s hospitals, organizations, and non-profits are doing to make strides in pediatric cancer research while providing excellent care to children that are suffering with cancer or terminal illness. The Unite and Conquer Cancer campaign stems from MLS WORKS’ annual Kick Childhood Cancer (KCC) initiative to raise awareness and funds for childhood cancer research. UNITE & CONQUER CANCER will be a month-long platform for the club, with awareness efforts in-game, in the community, and through our social presence.
Behind the logo
Strength. Fearlessness. Happiness. These words are behind Children’s Healthcare patient and two-time cancer survivor Muna Ahmed, the inspiration and designer behind the campaign’s logo. Since we first met Muna at the team’s Kickin’ It with CHOA event in March, she has gone through treatment and beat her second round of osteosarcoma and she is ready to help others. Through her art and her mission to create a Survivor Squad to help kids just starting their journey to CONQUER CANCER – but more on her story later.
Throughout the month of September, Atlanta United will be collaborating with local partners to spread awareness for childhood cancer month.
CHOA Egleston Hospital Visit
- Wednesday, September 6, 2017
- Atlanta United players pay a visit to some special fans at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta as part of our March to Mercedes-Benz Stadium and to kickoff Atlanta United’s campaign to UNITE & CONQUER CANCER.
Survivor Squad Kick-off Event
- Friday, September 22, 2017
- Bringing Muna’s idea to life, Atlanta United will host the inaugural Survivor Squad Kick-Off, were “Fighter/Survivors” will join forces for a fun day of collaboration and competition with Atlanta United Players and Staff.
Atlanta United vs. Montreal Impact presented by Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta
- Sunday, September 24, 2017
CHOA Scottish Rite Hospital Visit
- Monday, September 25, 2017
- Atlanta United players will pay a visit to some special fans at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta as part of Atlanta United’s campaign to UNITE & CONQUER CANCER.
Want to get involved?
Join us in raising awareness of childhood cancer awareness – connect with one our partner organizations below to see how you can contribute.