Atlanta United will host FC Cincinnati Saturday in the club’s 2020 MLS home opener presented by Mercedes-Benz. The match will be televised on FOX Sports Southeast, with the broadcast presented by Piedmont Healthcare, at 7 p.m. ET. For all statistics and media information, please visit our Media Resources page and Game Notes.
- Atlanta is coming off a 2-1 opening week win against Nashville SC at Nissan Stadium on Feb. 29. Ezequiel Barco and Emerson Hyndman scored first-half goals and Jake Mulraney and Laurence Wyke made their MLS debuts.
- Both of Hyndman’s goals for Atlanta in MLS play have been game-winning goals: Week 1 against Nashville SC and against San Jose in 2019 (3-1).
- Barco scored his ninth career MLS goal against Nashville SC. Atlanta holds a 6-1-1 record when the Argentine scores.
- Atlanta is 1-0-1 all-time against FC Cincinnati as the two teams met twice in 2019. The first match ended in a 1-1 draw March 10 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium with goals scored by Josef Martinez and Roland Lamah. Atlanta then claimed a 2-0 win at Nippert Stadium Sept. 18 behind a brace from Martinez.
- FC Cincinnati, led by interim head coach Yoann Damet, started its second MLS season with a 3-2 loss away to New York Red Bulls on March 1. Allan Cruz netted FC Cincinnati’s first goal of the season and new signing Jurgen Locadia scored late in his MLS debut.
- Atlanta is 34-7-10 all-time at home and 21-6-9 against Eastern Conference opponents at home.
- Atlanta will face Mexico’s Club America March 11 at Estadio Azteca in the quarterfinals of the Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League with the return leg set for March 18 at Fifth Third Bank Stadium.
Saturday, March 7 | Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, GA |7 p.m. (ET)
Atlanta United (1-0-0, 3 points) vs. FC Cincinnati (0-1-0, 0 points)
TV | FOX Sports Southeast
Spanish Radio | La Mejor 1600 AM
English Radio | Star 94.1
6 p.m.: AT&T Countdown to Kickoff (FB Live/Periscope)
6:30 p.m.: The Pre-Game show