Atlanta United returns to action Saturday against Orlando City SC in the club’s Major League Soccer season opener at Exploria Stadium. The match is set to kick-off at 3 p.m. ET and will be nationally broadcast on UniMás and live streamed in English on Twitter.
- Atlanta owns an all-time record of 6-2-4 against Orlando in MLS play and is 4-1-1 on the road in the series. This is the first of three meetings between the clubs in 2021 and all will be nationally televised: at Orlando on July 30 (8 p.m., ESPN) and at Mercedes-Benz Stadium on Sept. 10 (7 p.m., FS1).
- Head coach Gabriel Heinze will make his MLS managerial debut against Oscar Pareja’s side. The Colombian manager is in his second season with Orlando and holds a career record of 114-83-64 in nine seasons in MLS.
- Josef Martinez leads Atlanta with seven career goals against Orlando in six matches, the most regular season goals he has scored against any opponent.
- Since joining the league in 2017, Atlanta is tied for the most road wins in MLS with 22.
- Atlanta advanced to the Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League quarterfinals for the third consecutive season on Tuesday, defeating Costa Rican leaders LD Alajuelense 2-0 on aggregate with goals from Ezequiel Barco and Jurgen Damm. Atlanta will host Philadelphia Union in the first leg on April 27 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium before traveling to Subaru Park for the return leg on May 4.
Saturday, April 17 | Exploria Stadium, Orlando, FL | 3 p.m. (ET)
Atlanta United (0-0-0, 0 points) vs. Orlando City SC (0-0-0, 0 points)
TV | UniMás
English Radio | Sports Radio 92.9 The Game
Spanish Radio | La Mejor